Mindful March is a month-long initiative from Action for Happiness that encourages us to practice mindfulness daily. The organisation has created a calendar that provides daily suggestions for mindfulness practices to help us live happier and more fulfilling lives.
The calendar is based on Action for Happiness’ 10 Keys to Happier Living, proven to make life happier and more fulfilling. The keys include Giving, Relating, Exercising, Awareness, Trying Out, Direction, Resilience, Emotions, Acceptance, and Meaning.
You can download the calendar here – https://actionforhappiness.org/calendar
10 Keys to Happier Living
- Giving is all about doing kind things for others. It can be as simple as complimenting someone or offering to help them with a task. When we give to others, we feel good about ourselves and our lives.
- Relating is about connecting with people. Humans are social creatures, and we thrive on social connections. Take time to reach out to friends and family members, or join a group that shares your interests.
- Exercising is essential for taking care of our bodies. Regular exercise can help reduce stress, improve sleep, and boost our overall well-being. Find an exercise routine that works for you and make it a part of your daily routine.
- Awareness is about living life mindfully. Mindfulness is the practice of being present and fully engaged in the present moment. It can help reduce stress, improve focus, and increase overall happiness.
- Trying Out is about learning new things. When we challenge ourselves to learn new things, we can improve our self-confidence, increase our knowledge, and gain a sense of accomplishment.
- Direction is about setting goals that give us a sense of purpose and direction in life. Set realistic goals for yourself and work towards achieving them.
- Resilience is about finding ways to bounce back from setbacks. Life can be challenging, but resilience can help us overcome difficulties and come back stronger.
- Emotions are about looking for what’s good. Focusing on positive emotions can help improve our overall well-being. Take time to appreciate the good things in your life and practice gratitude.
- Acceptance is about being comfortable with who you are. When we accept ourselves, we can reduce stress and anxiety and improve our self-esteem.
- Meaning is about being part of something bigger. When we feel part of something larger than ourselves, we can gain a sense of purpose and meaning in life. Find ways to contribute to your community or a cause you care about.
Mindful March is an excellent opportunity to practice mindfulness and improve our well-being. Focusing on the 10 Keys to Happier Living can positively change our lives and create a happier and kinder world. Auctus Management Group is running an Introduction to Mindfulness session with Ceinwen Bran on 6th March as part of Mindful March.
Here are some useful free resources about mindfulness.
What is Mindfulness?: https://www.mindful.org/what-is-mindfulness/
NHS – Mindfulness: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/tips-and-support/mindfulness/
NHS – 5 Steps to Mental Wellbeing: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/guides-tools-and-activities/five-steps-to-mental-wellbeing/
NHS – Mental Wellbeing audio guides: https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/self-help/guides-tools-and-activities/mental-wellbeing-audio-guides/
Mindful Breathing Exercise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=wfDTp2GogaQ
Mindful Exercises: https://mindfulnessexercises.com/8-mindfulness-exercises-for-beginners/