Based in Aston, Birmingham. Permanent role offering Competitive salary and benefits package
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award-winning people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
We are seeking an outstanding individual with excellent administration and customer service skills to provide an outstanding administration support service to the General Manager, Delivery Manager, Trainers and applicants within the INFRA Skills business. The role holder will be responsible for maintaining administration processes and systems both internally and also externally for accreditation bodies. On a day to date basis you will be responsible for:
- Managing the process for learners/candidates from enquiries to course completion, including checking that all required documentation is in place (eg photo ID, NI number, UK right to work).
- Raising Purchase Orders for additional equipment or resources required by Trainers. Identifying PPE requirements for funded candidates and raise Purchase Orders as necessary.
- Arranging meetings with Trainers, and Compliance Team, and also arrange a monthly meeting with the Infraskills team.
- Maintaining accurate documentation (both electronically and hard copy) as required to meet criteria for compliance, audit assessments, accreditation and funding.
- Liaison with accrediting bodies and EQAs.
- Setting up client accounts where required with finance (prior to commencement of the course), ensuring that bookings are fully completed and pre-payment made as and when required.
- Liaison with the Finance manager to ensure invoicing and reporting procedures are being followed.
- Arranging Drug & Alcohol testing as and when required, ensuring all Learners are available to attend and that the necessary facilities are available.
- Ensuring all funding documentation is completed for funded candidates. Also ensure that all necessary paperwork is complete, details are logged on the appropriate record and Learners booked on the necessary training programmes following completion of a successful drug and alcohol test.
- Liaison with Occupational Health Nurse to plan future cohorts and agree D&A and Medical test dates.
- Working with the Internal Recruitment team to identify potential organisations/next steps for candidates and direct them accordingly. Where suitable refer to RSS Infrastructure Ltd, via the Compliance team, to complete the application paperwork.
- Where required, attend training and development courses as directed by the company.
- Achieving the objectives as set out by the General Manager.
- Assisting the management team with Administration tasks and ad hoc projects, as and when required
Hours of work
This role currently offers a 40-hour contract working between the hours of 0800 – 1800 Monday to Thursday an 0800 – 1600 on a Friday.
What experience would we like you to have?
No specific qualifications are required for this role as training will be provided. The successful candidate should be computer literate and confident in using MS Office applications and be able to demonstrate the ability to meet the needs of the role through previous experience
INFRA Skills offer a range of employment benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata) (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is a fully accredited with;
- NSAR – Network Rail competency assessments and training.
- CITB – Construction & Civils, Health & Safety.
- NPTC – Arboriculture.
- ILM – Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5.
- Highfield – Business Qualifications inc. Level 1,2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds – Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online
|Job Category||Administrative Support, Training|
|Holiday||20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata) (increasing with length of service)|
|Pension||Contributory pension scheme|
|Healthcare||BHSF Healthcare cash plan|
|Sick Pay||Yes, increasing with length of service|
|Free Car Parking||Yes|