Based in the West Midlands – Full Time permanent position, £55k – £65k + £6120 car allowance + excellent benefits package
Our client is a team of planning, design and construction specialists building a number of new tram extensions across the West Midlands. Formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future. We work hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for leading on your allocated portfolio of multidisciplinary light rail projects from inception through to final account and close out, to deliver maximum commercial results. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Commercial Manager you will lead, manage, develop and train the commercial teams across your portfolio of projects.
- Raising commercial awareness and embed commercial focus and best practise across each project team.
- Leading on all contractual matters from inception to close out via in depth understanding of the contract and its implications for profit delivery.
- Assisting in the preparation of contract documents, including bills of quantities, specifications, drawings.
- Managing the Risk & Opportunities process to allow for the identification of Risk and Opportunities during the tender and construction phases and ensure the Commercial function delivers contractual solutions and strategies that balance these risk and opportunities.
- Setting and managing budgets ensuring all costs are correctly allocated into the relevant WBS.
- Establishment of robust project life cycle cost forecasts updated monthly and monitored against agreed targets.
- Proactively driving the recording of all contractual entitlements, ensure timely notification of events and accurate pricing and substantiation of change.
- Establishing and maintaining rigorous cost controls including early warning systems and provide robust accurate financial data and management reports on each project through the monthly reporting cycle including EVM.
- Providing procurement support to ensure each project is delivered safely, timely, at the least cost and to optimal quality.
- Ensuring all procurement expenditure has been validated by the operational delivery team and identified under the budget as necessary to deliver the project.
- Delivering contractually agreed cash flow and ensure all AFP’s are submitted / assessed in line with the contractual timescales.
- Ensuring all valid Supply Chain payments are made in line with the relevant supplier agreement.
- Negotiating and agreeing contractual disputes and final accounts within DFA levels.
What hours will I be expected to work?
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
What experience would we like you to have?
Our successful candidate should have experience of working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector having hands on experience working for contractors as a Commercial Manager on large civils or infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of finance systems and various forms of contracts
- Cost and budget administration
- Financial and commercial reporting to board level
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Minimum 5 years Commercial Management experience as an SQS or QS with a proven track record in major projects.
What benefits will I receive?
Our client offers a range of benefits including:
- 26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Car allowance of £6120 per annum
- Contributory Pension
- Healthshield health cash plan
- Non contractual bonus scheme
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
How to apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Civils & Construction|
|Salary||£55K - £65K|
|Holiday||26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays|