Cwmbran Based. Full Time permanent position, salary negotiable + competitive benefits package
RSS Infrastructure (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’, being awarded SME of the Year, for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From our offices in Birmingham, Cwmbran and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
Our Project Manager will be responsible for liaison with clients where there is a need for the design and/or installation various aspects of civils and construction projects. You will identify and effectively work with, and plan, the efficient use of internal and external departmental teams, managing the programme ensuring process are followed to maximise output. You will work closely with the Clients Project Manager/ CRE, in house Responsible Engineer (CRE) and Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) to ensure designs and supporting deliverables are reviewed, submitted and approved in line with the agreed programme. In addition, you will manage costs and identify efficiencies that can be made through regular reviews of processes in the department and interfaces with other departments whilst overseeing site activities and ensuring projects are delivered safely on time and within budget. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for:
- Leading the planning and implementation of projects.
- Defining a project’s scope and goals.
- Agreeing the project scope and delivery costs with the Head of Department.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines from conception to handover.
- Co-ordinating project staff.
- Supporting with resource planning and allocation.
- Quality assurance.
- Carrying out risk assessments.
- Managing project administration, including all documentation.
- Meeting budgetary objectives.
- Reporting regularly to Delivery Manager and Head of Department.
- Managing client relationships.
- Tracking project performance.
- Reporting project performance internal and external.
- Project evaluations and results measurement.
- Ensuring that processes and procedures are carried out in line with Group policies and maintain accurate and efficient order to invoice process against all required timescales.
- Ensuring safety is delivered throughout all aspects of the organisation to the highest standards
- Ensuring clear communication with the Fleet department to ensure the relevant vehicle requirements are met.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to utilise skills and knowledge to achieve company objectives and targets for increased sales and growth.
What experience would we like you to have?
The successful candidate should hold experience of working within a design and build environment, successfully managing and developing a range of customer facing and support staff. Good knowledge and understanding of CDM 2015 through both design and project delivery. Experience in delivering multi-disciplinary projects to NR/L2/INl/02009 Engineering Management for projects in the rail sector.
Your application should demonstrate, excellent communication, people, and team management skills, the ability to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion, as well as the ability to demonstrate the right behaviours and lead the team to ensure the culture is in line with our Company values and culture, ensuring the highest standards of compliance.
In order to be selected for interview for this role, it is essential that you hold or have previously held a Personal Track Safety (PTS) qualification, along with an Engineering or Project Management qualification and either an IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS qualification.
Member of the Association for Project Management or working towards membership
What benefits will I receive:
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong work ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Civils & Construction|
|Holiday||20 days paid annual leave rising to 25 plus statutory bank holidays|
|Pension||Contributory pension scheme|
|Sick Pay||Yes, increasing with length of service|