Wednesbury Based – Full Time permanent position, up to £32.5k plus competitive benefits package
Our client is a team of planning, design and construction specialists building a number of new tram extensions across the West Midlands. Formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future. We work hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for providing our delivery teams with a professional plant and service supply. This will involve taking primary responsibility for placement of plant orders and communicating internally across the business, with external suppliers and other bodies as directed by the Management Team. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Arranging the hire of all internal / external plant as required by the contracts.
- Accurately on hiring and off hiring all plant inputted onto the SUMMIT system.
- Ensuring all on and off hire tickets are logged and an audit trail is in place for equipment rentals.
- Ensuring the correct level of service is being given from suppliers and notify the Procurement Manager if a supplier is not performing to the required standard.
- Keeping the contract plant trackers up to date.
- Actively tracking the current location of all tools.
- Making the Procurement Manager aware if any plant shown on the hire sheet is not found / proved as off hired; all discrepancies are to be investigated and addressed immediately.
- Dealing with any plant queries and pass on to the relevant managers for signature.
- Recording all costs of all repairs, losses and damages.
- Carrying out regular plant audits.
- Report and complete any paperwork for thefts/loss or damage of plant items.
- Ensuring compliance with all documents, including procedures.
- Being pro-active in developing systems to meet the changing needs of the plant hire team.
What hours will I be expected to work?
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
What experience would we like you to have?
To be selected for interview for this role your application will need to demonstrate
- Proven plant coordination for the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Experience of working on an ordering / plant hire desk
- Knowledge of the PUWER / LOLER regulations
- Demonstrable commercial awareness, with the ability to control and monitor budgets
- Finely tuned communication skills with regard to engaging with external and internal parties
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail with regard to contractual obligations and the placement of orders
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A full UK driving licence is required as travelling to sites may be required.
Our client offers a range of benefits including:
- 26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Healthshield health cash plan
- Non contractual bonus scheme
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.com
|Job Category||Administrative Support|
|Salary||Up to £32.5k|
|Holiday||26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays|
|Healthcare||Healthshield health cash plan|