Based in our Induction Centre in Birmingham. Permanent part-time role, with flexible working hours options.
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety-critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse makeup of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services into a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work-life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award-winning people-orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
In this role, you will be a vital part of our HS2 Induction team who are responsible for ensuring that inductees to the prestigious Balfour Beatty VINCI HS2 project receive high quality information, enabling the project to be staffed by a fully competent and capable workforce providing outstanding services and care.
It is fundamental to the success of the BBV Induction programme and ultimately to the project itself that a consistent message is conveyed to all new starters; therefore the same high standards of presentation must be met regardless of which team member is hosting.
On a day to day basis, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming all inductees and ensuring they are fully equipped to be able to get the most from the induction presentation and process
- Taking a lead role in ensuring the smooth running and general success of each induction session
- Ensuring that the induction room is tidy and set up in a suitable layout in a timely manner
- Providing a high quality, informative induction to all inductees, which is engaging and entertaining where appropriate
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of the HS2 project in order to speak confidently about it during the presentation and answer any questions which may arise
- Attending induction-related meetings where required and be prepared to offer suggestions as to how the presentation can be as engaging as possible for inductees, to provide a positive first impression and an enjoyable experience
- Undertaking appropriate training and be on ‘stand by’ as a potential support for the wider Induction Team, conducting D&A testing, paperwork or general duties as required
What experience would we like you to have?
No specific experience is essential for this role. We are looking for individuals who are confident in speaking to large groups with good presentation and communication skills. We welcome applications from mom returners, semi-retired persons, students and any individual seeking a flexible working opportunity of between 8 to 16 hours per week.
What benefits will I receive:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro-rata) (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is fully accredited with;
- NSAR – Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB – Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC – Arboriculture
- ILM – Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield – Business Qualifications inc. Level 1, 2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds – Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online
|Job Category||Administrative Support|
|Salary||£9.90 per hour|
|Experience||Specified qualifications are required for this role|
|Holiday||20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)|
|Sick Pay||Yes, increasing with length of service|
|Free Car Parking||Yes|