Birmingham Based – Full Time permanent position, £28k – £30k + £6120 car allowance + excellent benefits package
Our client is a team of planning, design and construction specialists building a number of new tram extensions across the West Midlands. Formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future. We work hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority.
What will I be doing?
Your role will be to assist the Commercial Team with the collation, reconciliation and reporting of project data and provide cost and budget advise to Project Management Team. On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work closely with the SQS/QS you will assist with the cost control of the Project, focussing on labour / plant / materials through tracking of orders and regular reconciliation of costs with budget.
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely cost collation, reconciliation and reporting of data from site records – time and allocation sheets, GRN’s.
- Liaison with Construction Managers / Supervisors for the completion of these site records.
- Ensure Cost Clerks all labour, plant and material schedules and trackers are maintained and accurate.
- Liaise with Sub-contractors for verification of labour hours etc.
- Ensure collation, organisation and reconciliation of spreadsheet data and data from finance / cost / site record systems.
- Actively participate in weekly planned v actual resource usage reporting from weekly “plan, do and review” meetings.
- Support the Project Commercial team as necessary in the preparation of cost reports.
- Work in close cooperation with contract Delivery Managers and Product Line Managers, around commercial performance.
- Complete Quote evaluation and risk assessments.
- Oversee financial processes and outcomes in the assigned projects, identify gaps, non-compliance and/or potential financial risk areas.
- Participate in project management team.
- Provide interface with clients and suppliers.
What hours will I be expected to work?
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
What experience would we like you to have?
Our successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a finance or commercial function within the engineering or construction sector having hands on experience working for contractors as a CE on large civils or infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of finance systems
- Cost and budget administration
- Financial and commercial reporting
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a CE with a proven track record in major projects.
What benefits will I receive?
Our client offers a range of benefits including:
- 26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Healthshield health cash plan
- Non contractual bonus scheme
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.com
|Salary||£28K - £30K|
|Holiday||26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays|