Tipton Based – Full Time permanent position, up to £42k plus competitive benefits package
Our client is a team of planning, design and construction specialists building a number of new tram extensions across the West Midlands. Formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future. We work hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority.
What will I be doing?
You will work as part of a professional and diverse procurement service providing delivery teams with professional materials, plant and service supply. This will involve taking primary responsibility for placement of orders and communicating internally across the business and with external suppliers. On a day to day basis your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ordering of construction materials, plant and subcontract services using the COPERNIC system.
- Providing support to Estimating teams in development of Target Costs.
- Working closely with delivery teams in ensuring plant and materials are procured in line with the project schedule.
- Ongoing development and running of the supplier relationship management process in conjunction with other members of the Procurement Team.
- Organisation and management of individual daily workload.
- Ensuring target cost data is obtained, used appropriately and cost analysis is carried out whilst making sure appropriate documentation is updated to provide evidence of best value with regard to procurement, which may include commercial betterment, quality and efficiency.
- Negotiation of goods/services within the Target Cost budget with participation in the bid proposal stage as and when required.
- Continual identification of any Procurement related risks and opportunities, whether at Programme of Project level and reporting them onto the ARM Risk Software system.
- Be an integral member of MMA Procurement Team representing it and the organisation professionally and ethically.
- Drafting and preparing contract documentation using standard templates working alongside the legal team to ensure compliance.
- Becoming a focal point for project and suppliers regarding contract and supply queries.
- Supporting and continually developing the Company’s Procurement Strategy and monitoring the supply chain to maintain strong relationships and ensure ethical collaborative behaviours across all parties.
- Effectively communicating project requirements to the supply chain through a variety of communication channels.
- Working with stakeholders, at all levels, in order to understand internal and external requirements.
- Attending Project Meeting / Progress Reviews as and when required / requested by the Project teams.
What hours will I be expected to work?
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
What experience would we like you to have?
To be selected for interview for this role your application will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of three years’ experience within Construction/Civil Engineering sector.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness, with the ability to control and monitor budgets.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail with regard to contractual obligations and the placement of orders.
- CIPS or equivalent is desirable, including ‘working towards’.
- Industry-related qualifications are desirable, and could include:
– Trade-related qualification.
– Other professional qualification.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package.
- Strong people skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of personnel.
- A full UK driving licence is desirable as travelling to site may be required.
Our client offers a range of benefits including:
- 26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Healthshield health cash plan
- Non contractual bonus scheme
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.com
|Holiday||26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays|