Wednesbury Based – Full Time permanent position, £35k – £45k + excellent benefits package
Our client is a team of planning, design and construction specialists building a number of new tram extensions across the West Midlands. Formed in 2016 to transform the West Midlands by delivering the best integrated transport system for the future. We work hard to be a best practice organisation, delivering stakeholder-focused services as it plans and delivers five Metro extensions across the region for the West Midlands Combined Authority.
What will I be doing?
Working as part of a vibrant and professional Construction team, our Assistant Construction Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of operational work within a designated geographical area, managing supervisory staff and all duties associated with direct labour and subcontractor teams, mainly within Track and System project activities. We are seeking a talented individual with a collaborative approach, strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm in a complex environment. On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for:
- Ennsuring all work is carried out in accordance with the Alliance Principles, health and safety, environment and quality standards.
- Supporting the delivery of projects to time, cost and quality.
- Performing tasks in accordance with the Alliance Charter demonstrating collaborative behaviours across stakeholders.
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with all line management, ensuring they are suitably consulted and informed throughout the project lifecycle
- Supporting the procurement process for project, ordering materials and plant; establish a relevant timescale within project
- Supporting the change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes, in accordance with the processes set in place by the Alliance, and its individual participants
- Attending weekly meeting to ensure health and safety, KPIs are adhered to.
- Always achieving Perfect Delivery as the benchmark for all projects
What hours will I be expected to work?
Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
What experience would we like you to have?
In order to be selected for interview for this role, your application should demonstrate:
- A recognised Construction Management qualification.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Engineering Management or other professional body.
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures
What benefits will I receive?
Our client offers a range of benefits including:
- 26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Car allowance of £6120 per annum
- Contributory Pension
- Healthshield health cash plan
- Non contractual bonus scheme
As an equal opportunity’s employer, we do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
In the first instance, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Civils & Construction|
|Salary||£35k - £45k|
|Holiday||26 days paid annual leave plus statutory bank holidays|